Orientation was pretty intense; if you don't believe me, see a copy of our schedule for the week below. In summary, the best part of orientation:
1) Meeting all of the people I'm going to be spending the next two years with
2) Friday afternoon when we were finally done with the week
We did do a community service project on the last day, and below are some pictures of our work. We all went to a Salvation Army facility and painted. My first job was to paint a nursery inside the building, which was awesome because it was air conditioned, but since the room was only like 10 x 10 I eventually had to make my way outside where I helped paint the bleachers you'll see below. Oh and I spray painted ceiling tiles, it was an important job.I was very happy to start class because I was excited I would no longer be having 12 hours days. It turns out the first few days were still 12 hours days, but I've enjoyed it nevertheless. So far I've joined the Finance Club and the Buyside Club (deals with alt. investments) and I'm hoping to also join Cox for Community and one or two other things.
I'm definitely busy reading and studying and surprisingly I think it is going to take time to get back into the habit of school. I feel so old, the way things are done in school now are very different than the way we did things in undergrad. I'm still trying to figure out how to take notes (i.e. do I use the old fashioned pen and paper option, do I take notes in Power Point or should I type them up in Word). So many choices...I plan to watch the young ones and figure out how they do it. Anyway, I'll follow up more on school at a later date!





No comments:
Post a Comment