Danna and I began our trip at DFW airport where Danna quickly discovered that she had forgotten her wallet. Oops. Unfortunately, we had just been dropped off at the airport by Danna's mom, so we decided Danna would go through security without her ID and take her chances on the way back to Dallas. Yep, apparently there is no need to have your ID when traveling via plane; Danna was able to go through security with nothing more than a prescription bottle with her name and address. For the remainder of the trip I acted as Danna's Sugar Mama. Despite the bumpy (but funny) start the weekend was wonderful!
When we arrived in Denver we decided to upgrade to a Toyota Prius. This turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.

We loved the Prius; it was a conversation starter for everyone we met at the wedding, and we got 46 miles to the gallon (it may have been higher I just can't remember the exact number).
The first night in Beaver Creek was very rainy, but it was still beautiful. We ate at the Beaver Creek Chop House, which was phenomenal. This restaurant inspired my apple pie for the 4th (their pie was amazing). Also I ate lobster...at least some of it!
My other favorite meal (Danna and I had a lot of fun eating during our down time) was at the Westin Hotel, where I'll definitely be staying if/when I go back to Beaver Creek. The patio at Restaurant Avondale was amazing and was made better by my berry lemonade cocktail, which Danna was not allowed to have since she did not have ID.
Additional (beautiful) Beaver Creek scenery.
The Ritz, where Laine & Dave's reception took place.










No comments:
Post a Comment