I know, the title sounds exciting doesn't it? This morning I met with the Associate Director of the Career Center at Cox. Before I went in I had about 100 things to do for school before July 31st. Now I feel like I have 1,000. OK, I'm exaggerating but I have so much to do!
As a lot of you know I have three tests that I have to take on Accounting, Finance and Statistics. I must pass these tests satisfactorily before I can begin school. Let me tell you how well that works out for someone who has never studied Finance or Accounting. I learned yesterday that the tests are apparently not timed, so I’m feeling much better. I'll sit there for four hours if I have to in order to get through them! But of course, I do have to learn it all so wish me luck.
I'll also be working on my elevator pitch. For those of you that do not know what this is, it is a brief summary of my life and work experience. It should be brief enough to present to someone with whom I’m riding in an elevator…if that situation ever arises. That is my homework this weekend, along with my tests and signing up for a career fair in New Orleans that takes place one month after we begin school (they start us early on the job search). So after that and about 1,997 other things I need to accomplish, I’ll be good to go. More on school later!
No comments:
Post a Comment